This 1 hour course, presented by Professor John Berg, gives key background information on the disease the surgery is indicated for, and covers peri-operative care, potential complications, and prognosis.
The course includes a detailed video and quiz to check your understanding. Upon successful completion, you'll receive a personalized CE/CPD certificate.
This course is aimed at all clinical staff and veterinary surgeons.
What You Will Learn
Topics covered in this course includes:
- Behavior of hemangiosarcoma (HSA)
- Ruleouts for canine splenic masses
- Overview of splenic hematoma
- Preoperative care
- Vascular anatomy of the spleen
- Use of surgical staplers and vessel sealing devices
- Interpretation of histopathology results
- Prognosis and adjuvant therapy for HSA
- Feline splenic mast cell tumor
About The Provider
Professor John Berg is a well-known Founding Fellow in Surgical Oncology and an honorary member of the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology, he is also the author of numerous original articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology.